Food Poisoning - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Food Poisoning.
Please describe your experience with food poisoning.

Published: March 01

I woke up early in the morning (3:30) with nausea which eventually became 'throw up'. Since then I have thrown up about 9 times; the last one just now at 11 AM. Diarrhea began shortly after the first throw up episode and I have had probably 12 to 13 episodes, the last one around 10:45 AM. I have not eaten anything, took Pepto-Bismol around 7:30 AM, but threw it up shortly afterwards. I had a clear drink similar to Sprite which resulted in the 11 AM throw up episode. I have chills, but no pain, and my tongue and teeth are black. Last meal was 2 BBQ hotlinks (fresh) and Spanish rice made from a packet of dried rice with seasoning. I had purchased it over a year ago, and feel this may be the cause. I have had food poisoning in the past, but it never lasted this long..

I went to breakfast this morning with my church group to a local restaurant. I had eggs, sausage, home fried potatoes and biscuit. A bowl of gravy came with it. Within two hours after eating I had very bad diarrhea, and vomiting (both at the same time), profuse sweating and dizziness which lasted about an hour. I was very weak and cold because of the food poisoning. I went to bed under an electric blanket and slept for 3 1/2 hours. I haven't had any more diarrhea but have had very bad cramping and when I sit on the toilet, thinking I will have diarrhea, bright red blood runs out of my bottom. This has happened several times in the last 3 hours..