Food Poisoning - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Food Poisoning.
Please describe your experience with food poisoning.

I had nausea vomiting watery diarrhea about 3 hrs after I ate. It was Mexican food with veggies, chicken and a glass of water. The vomiting and diarrhea were continuous every 15 minutes for 3 hours until I went to the hospital. I eventually became dizzy after all the fluid loss. They rehydrated me and gave anti nausea meds and eventually sent me home with more nausea meds. The diarrhea continued but vomiting subsided..

I purchased spinach quiche from a local grocery store. Within a 12 hour period, I knew it was Salmonella food poisoning as I have had it once before. I had projectile vomiting and diarrhea same time, with severe dehydration and I was barely able to move. I had to lie still and wait for a modicum of energy to get water and something with potassium [cranberry juice] to replenish my muscles..