Costochondritis - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Costochondritis.
Please describe your experience with costochondritis.

Published: March 22

I was diagnosed with costochondritis about 8 months back and still have been having issues with the pain especially if I do any of my dancing or a lot of house work. I cannot pick up anything over 10 lb. now without pain. I have to be careful on the amount of food I eat also, plus if any of the food gives me gas. The gas can make my ribs hurt from the other side. I cannot sit very long in one place either..

Published: March 02

So pleased to know there are other people around with the same problem. Having put in my symptoms, it came up with costochondritis, and I had never heard of it before. I was convinced it was to do with my stomach, having had problems before with gastritis. I had been moving furniture and painting walls, etc. And now I realize that I had put a strain on my ribs. I couldn't stand wearing a bra and also I wasn't feeling hungry when my stomach was inflamed. I was told just to take paracetamol as I cannot take ibuprofen. I also had pains around my midriff and back. So now I will lay off the decorating! Was glad I went to the doctors who confirmed the diagnosis!.