Costochondritis - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Costochondritis.
Please describe your experience with costochondritis?

This is the most excruciating pain ever. I have had a lot of abdominal surgeries and this hurts just as bad. I can't lift left my arm. Every time I breathe, I want to scream. .

Published: December 31

I had a sore throat which turned into a fever and eventually a bad cough. The cough has lasted about 3 weeks, but started to go away. I started to feel a sharp pain in my chest deep under my right breast. The pain eventually became more and more sharp and painful until I decided to go to the ER. I am a nurse who works on a cardiac floor, so, I frequently see people with chest pain. I became afraid that may be I had something seriously wrong with me. All my tests in the ER were negative and I was diagnosed with costochondritis. The doctor told me to take motrin, but, my pain is still severe. I have been using a heating pad. Hopefully this will go away soon..