Costochondritis - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Costochondritis.
Please describe your experience with costochondritis.

I have been in constant pain for over 2 months from costochondritis (not my first bout), pain in the back both sides, and sternum. I also have chronic sinus problems. I am kind of wondering if repeated sinus infections could be a cause, because of all the coughing. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to discuss this. Maybe reaming out my sinuses will help. I don’t know. I have lost my sense of humor with this bout..

A couple of months ago, I bent over to put on my shoes and could not straighten back up or breathe without terrible pain in my chest area around my heart. My blood pressure shot up to 198 over 97 and I got nauseated. I have never hurt so badly! My family called for ambulance and it took me to the emergency room. They did all kinds of tests and scheduled a stress test and a liver check and admitted me. My heart doctor came in and said I showed no signs of heart trouble. He mentioned inflammation in my chest cavity and I remembered that several years ago I did pretty much the same thing and after every test in the world, my other heart doctor ruled out heart and diagnosed costochondritis..