Restless Leg Syndrome - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Restless Legs Syndrome.
Please describe your experience with restless leg syndrome.

Published: April 22

I have read everyone else's comments and am so amazed that this is a "condition" and that it is painful! I have had this ever since I can remember. As a little girl, I used it to rock myself to sleep and I still do. It's worse at night, especially in front of tv or when I work at my computer. My right leg will rock at a very fast speed but with no discomfort or pain, as long as I keep on rocking it. Once I get up and do other things it disappears. Just before I fall asleep it happens again. I have never used any medication for it and will not seek any for it. I assume it could be connected to ADHD children and adults. Although I only started taking 5mg Ritalin pd at the age of 58 it has had no effect on my RLS. By the way, the Ritalin is the best thing I ever did! Good luck with your painful RLS!.

I have had RLS for a few years now, that deep ache, which turns into a burning sensation, which in turn causes my legs to twitch, and I mean twitch. I can be flapping about all night, this twitching or jerking has now started to happen during the day if at rest. I’m 32 and find it extremely embarrassing if I start to twitch when I’m out, not to mention making trying to sleep at night a nightmare. I have spoken to GP, who just grinned and said restless legs syndrome and basically sent me packing, why do they not understand the impact this can have on someone’s life!.