Norovirus - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Norovirus.
What symptoms and signs did you experience with your norovirus infection?

I woke up Monday morning (05/16/16) with severe vomiting. This was not too surprising as both my sons had been hit previously with norovirus infection that seemed to last one day only. Monday, I had nausea all day. I hadn't read the advice to stay home for up to three days so I took the day off to spend with my daughter on Tuesday, shopping and eating a light meal. I have not vomited again since Monday, but I have had the liquefied diarrhea. At least I could make it to the toilet. I worked again Wednesday but was exhausted. Thursday I worked a half day but even after a few hours' rest I could not go out to take photos in the evening as I was supposed to. Friday I worked approximately a half day. Saturday, I had to work throughout the day to make up for all I missed. I have been able to tolerate mostly bland foods still with regular dinner foods in small amounts only and except for a banana milkshake last night, I am staying away from dairy for the most part still, as well as anything too spicy, acidic. As my first and worst vomit came from last Sunday night's sloppy joes, I have an aversion to anything with ground beef at this time, almost a full week later. I am sure that will get better with time but I feel I won't be back to normal eating for several more days at least..

My husband’s problem started with what seemed like a simple cold. It wasn’t too bad and lasted a few days. He was almost over it when suddenly he became violently nauseated and sweaty. We went to see the doctor, who concluded he had a sinus infection and gave him antibiotics. He took those for a day, but they made the nausea worse. The doctor gave us a different antibiotic. He took those for 2 days and it seemed he could tolerate them. Suddenly the unbearable nausea came back. I took him to emergency room (ER), and after bloodwork, it was determined that he has a norovirus infection that would have to run its course. He also received an IV of fluid and anti-nausea medication, which helped a lot. That was 3 days ago. We have been trying all sorts of things to get him well, toast, crackers, and sipping liquids. When he's feeling really lousy, he resists eating and drinking. I feel exhausted from pushing him to eat or drink. He always seems to feel better toward the evening, but in the morning he wakes up with incapacitating nausea which takes him hours to shake off. He has an anti-nausea pill that helps a little, but he has been sick like this for 8 days. I talked to the ER doctor on the phone yesterday, and he didn’t seem too alarmed. I am wondering if I should take him back to the ER..