Uterine Fibroids - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Uterine Fibroids.
Please describe your experience with uterine fibroids (benign tumors of the uterus).

I am a 39 year old female who was diagnosed with fibroids at the age of 28. A myomectomy was done and 4 fibroids were removed, the largest the size of a golf ball. I had not been actively trying after the surgery, however I now want a child and have one fibroid the size of a 4 month old baby. HSG (hysterosalpingography) was done, and Clomid done (2 cycles). Blood test done, telling me that i am producing viable eggs (not much though). Doctor is telling me I am ovulating normally. Dear hubby was put on Proviron to strengthen his swimmers but to no avail, it was not consistent..

Published: June 26

I recently had a hysteroscopic myomectomy to remove a 3 cm submucosal fibroid. Prior to the procedure I was having heavy cycles but they were manageable. My first month after the procedure, cycle was very heavy and I wasn't expecting it to happen. My second cycle was even heavier with gushing blood, soaked pads and clothes. My doctor put me on birth control to control the bleeding. My third month cycle was even worse. During my second and third month cycle my blood level has dropped causing me to have anemia. My follow-up after the procedure happened before my second and third cycles, and the doctor said she removed the fibroid and everything looked good. Every month since my procedure I have called my doctor and had many visits because something wasn't right. This procedure was supposed to make things better. Finally during my last visit I wanted answers as to what is happening. They kept saying I had heavy abnormal bleeding but it wasn't like that before. During my last visit my doctor finally told me that there was a portion of the fibroid left which was contradictory to the original diagnosis and post-procedure follow-up. The remaining piece could be causing the problem, but she didn't request an ultrasound to see what was going on. However, she had me to do a blood test for my thyroid because that could cause heavy bleeding also. I got a second opinion from another doctor and he found that the remaining fibroid was 4 cm and was submucosal. So the fibroid was not 3 cm but 7 cm. I am so frustrated because I have anemia that I didn't have before, and I have to have another procedure to remove the remaining fibroid..