Ovarian Cysts - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ovarian Cysts.
The symptoms of ovarian cysts can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

I'm 55 years old and just last week I was diagnosed that I have dermoid cyst on my left ovary. It is about 7cm in size. I don't have much discomfort. Sometimes I feel very light pain on my left side of abdomen. The only treatment my Dr. says is removal of left ovary. I cannot go for surgery right now as I have planned overseas trip. I'm wondering if there is any alternate treatment for this condition..

Two months ago I went to the doctor complaining of pelvic pain. He found I had "normal" cyst on both ovaries. A few weeks later I started feeling sick with stomach pain, lower back pain and pelvic pain. A day and half later I was in severe pain and vomiting. I went to the ER where I did mention the cyst but also that I had experienced this similar problem about a year before and the ER doctor at the time diagnosed me with pancreatitis. They ran blood work an everything looked normal so they sent me home with pain pills. I followed up with my gyno doc a couple of weeks later so he could check on the cyst and although they were gone or almost completely gone he now noticed something else, something about "calcium" and he thought it could be a dermoid cyst or maybe cancer. He sent me for the CA-125 blood work and MRI, both looked normal. It’s now been a couple more weeks and I am seeing him tomorrow for yet another ultrasound. I am still experiencing constant pelvic pain (not severe), random nausea and occasional lower back and leg aches. I take the pill regularly, daily on at the same time each day. My period 3 months ago was abnormally heavy and lasted one day then 2 mos ago it was very, very light and last about a day. I had some light spotting last month and another very light "period" about a week or so ago that only lasted about a day and a half. This is not normal for me. Since the blood work and MRI came back normal I now have no idea what else the problem could be, or if I should even be concerned. .