Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID).
Please describe your symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease.

Published: December 03

I am a 58 year old grandmother, who has been having the symptoms of PID. I am just now getting over several months of severe lower abdominal pain, cramps and low grade fever. I have a history of cysts on my female organs, including a cyst that ruptured and made me believe I was dying. My daughter is now going through a much deeper case of this disease. She is consumed with cysts that have become infected and she had hospital care for days. She is on antibiotics for four weeks now. A hysterectomy is coming, I am afraid. What really makes our situation strange is my 8 year old granddaughter has the same pains and fever and was seen by a doctor today. She could possibly have the same thing..

Mine was severe and I developed reactive arthritis after and I have found very little information about that so it has been a fight for years to get a diagnosis even though my sacroiliac started bothering me a month after being released from the hospital. I did have a baby after two or three surgeries to fix the tubes. But my lower back pain has been hell all these years and doctors are clueless as to what a bad case of PID can do..