Spondylosis - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Spondylosis.
Please describe your experience with spondylosis.

I am a hypertensive person and taking antihypertensive drugs daily. I usually have pains at the back of the neck and at the lower back. For my spondylosis I have been taking pain killers, prescribed by doctors, and liniment but the pain still persists..

I had an MRI and diagnosed with spondylosis of the thoracic spine 5 years after having a car accident. By that time my pain was so bad and still is chronic. I have tried everything. As it is, even if I lie down my back hurts, and I can't sleep on my left side due to rib pain that radiates, which leads to very limited sleep. I asked a good back surgeon and he told me that years ago thoracic surgery use to be done. But the benefits were not good. I work in a hospital so I know this doctor does a lot of surgeries most doctors won't touch. He told me surgery can't be done to help and condition, and I went to an orthopedic pain specialist. I had already had regular epidurals and this doctor wanted to do radiofrequency neurolysis, the insurance denied the request, due to medical studies which have shown that these treatments are not effective. Laser surgery is advertised, I don’t know if that would help. Perhaps it is just because it is the thoracic spine and they don't want to touch that area. I'm in pain every day, while taking Norco, Cymbalta, and Valium, along with extra Tylenol or whatever is in the house..