Eczema - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Eczema.
What treatment has been effective for your eczema?

Published: June 25

I had eczema when I was a child which took forever to heal. Recently I wore a tight sleeve in hot weather and I developed this eczema in my mid arm. It could've been due to my type of clothing, or my sweat, or how my blouse was washed, humidity, heat, etc. Anyway, since I didn't have any medicines, I used my husband's leftover Gold Bond foot powder and to my surprise my eczema subsided, dried up, and I think I am on my way to recovery..

Published: June 27

Having never suffered nosebleeds until last summer (2013), naturally my first gusher was daunting. Like many of you, I did most things incorrectly (tilting back head choking on fast flowing blood pouring down my throat; not pinching nose or applying ice on bridge...). Finally, after daily nosebleeds--most occurring at night--awakening me from sound sleeps-- I visited an ENT physician last summer. The ENT showed me where/how to pinch my nose during nosebleeds, after which I was to BLOW OUT the extremely deep red, coagulated blood clots accumulated during pinching (very gross & frightening looking) into tissue until flow cessation. Once the bleed stopped, I was to take half a cotton ball, saturate it with Afrin, and pack it into my nose for at least 15 minutes. This contracts the vessel. This year's nosebleeds began three weeks ago for which I used the 'pinch and blow' method to stop the flow, followed by packing a saturated cotton ball in my nostril. However, I prefer witch hazel with aloe as it's homeopathic and works just as well as Afrin but without the dryness--a nosebleed's cardinal enemy..