Viral Pneumonia - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Viral Pneumonia.
What was the treatment for your viral pneumonia?

Published: March 27

In 2013 I had open heart surgery to replace aorta valve and ascending aorta. In 2014 I had infection in surgery area. After 7 weeks in hospital, I am now on 2 antibiotics for the rest of my life. In 2015 I was diagnosed viral pneumonia. Treatment now is 2 to 3 weeks bed rest, lots of fluid, and doubling up on vitamin C..

I never had felt that ill before. I thought that I was dying, you know. I just had headache for almost 3 days. And my body was full of aches, I was swelling at night, and I started coughing. I just went to work like that and after work I had shortness of breath. I called an ambulance and they helped me to breathe with machines. When I reached the hospital shortness of breath stared again and I was helped at the hospital. It was really hectic and the doctor told me I have viral pneumonia. I am also positive for HIV so I have to take HIV/AIDS treatment also. So people, let us take good care of our health; pneumonia can be caused by many things..