Mononucleosis (mono) - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Mononucleosis.
For infectious mononucleosis (mono), what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

I'm 53 and have rheumatoid arthritis (RA), for which I use Enbrel. For the last 8 months, I've had unexplained pancreatitis. I've been exhausted, had severe muscle and joint pain for months, but I chalked it up to my RA. I blamed the Enbrel for the pain and fatigue. Last week, I woke up and I had swollen lymph nodes that I didn't even know existed. I literally could see the nodes in my groin, armpits, near my collarbone and in my neck. They didn't hurt, though. I saw my nurse practitioner (NP), and she examined me and found more swollen nodes. She told me I most likely had mononucleosis. Mono! I didn't even have a sore throat! She told me that mono can cause chronic pancreatitis. Test came back today positive for mono. Unfortunately, there isn't a treatment for my type of mono; just rest and it could take up to three months to get better. Thank goodness for that NP, because every other doctor told me my symptoms were from stress and that my depression needed to be treated more aggressively. I wasn't depressed; I was discouraged because no one was listening to me! Best wishes to those of you going through this. It is awful!.

I'm a 44 year old fit male. I started with a really bad cough and congestion in April. It felt like seasonal allergies. Never went away. Not until my second doctor’s visit was I tested positive for mononucleosis! I'm in a high stress job so this isn't what I needed. No energy, sore throat, crazy amount of mucus, and crazy bad rash on both arms that hasn't gone away after 2 months. Advil, Tylenol and rest are what help but I want my life back!.