Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Blood in the Urine (Hematuria).
Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

In the doctor's office, I offered a 'by the way, I have this pain' after describing my orginal reason for seeing the dr. in the first place. I've had a soft, tender spot just above my waist on the left side, but could not necessary feel a lump. They did. They took a urine sample and found blood in the urine. Now I wait - for an ultrasound & more in depth blood work. I cannot see blood in my urine, nor do I have pain when urinating. Thank goodness for thorough doctors!.

Hello. I am 50 years old, 4 weeks post-op from hip replacement surgery, and I have recently have several incidents of blood in my urine, always at night. My urine comes out normally for the most part but once in a while I have a very brief burning sensation and then I pass just a little bit of bright red blood. I just had a full pre-op physical exam and my prostate was normal (digital exam). I don't seem to have any other pronounced symptoms (fever, chills, pain in kidneys, etc.) I have been experiencing frequent night-time urination (4-5 times per night) although the blood has only appeared 2 or 3 times. I am currently taking coumadin on a daily basis and hydrocodone/APAP for pain, as needed. Your thoughts woulkd be much appreciated..