Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
What type of inflammatory bowel disease do you have?

I have just read several posting’s and I can relate to several in the care my mother is receiving (or lack there of). She has been sick for almost three years and lost over 25 lbs. The doctors have treated her with anti-depressants and fiber. The symptons persit with swelling after the second meal of the day to the point of vomiting. She is mal-nourished and now on a liquid diet. We are pushing with the current GI doctor for some answers after several Barium x-rays and CAT scans we do not have any..

I am a sufferer of Crohns Disease and more recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. Double Whammy! My pain in my lower right quadrant of my stomach was so intense; I was literally bending in half. The frequency of diarrhea is still a consistent problem. (Appx. 7-10 times a day) Still losing weight; approx. 18-19 lbs. so far in almost 2 months. I was also told that I also have narrowing of small intestine, so therefore; I have been taken off any fiber, any fruit, with the exception of bananas and any skinned fruit in which skin has to be removed, and all vegetables except those are to be considered to be root vegetables, which to the best of my knowledge consists of potato, (white and sweet), beets, carrots, parsnips, and most recently discovered that onions are root vegetables. My Dr. has me on Entocort, Flagyl, and was just told to order VSL#3(Probiotics), consisting of live bacteria and germs. I have not yet started that method yet. I will be starting VSL#3 this coming week. I do not know if this information will be helpful to any of the other sufferers out there. All I know is that I am still suffering, though not quite as intense, but nonetheless, still suffering. I truly hope that something will soon help..