Lung Cancer - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lung Cancer.
Please describe your experience with lung cancer.

I beat lung cancer three years ago, but now have it again. The first time, I had a tumor excised and four rounds of chemo. Now it is in both lungs and have had three rounds, six hours each, with hopefully one left. I was lucky. My doctor made sure I had the proper follow-up tests. Hopefully I have kicked it again. There is so much publicity for breast cancer, and most important tests for the disease. Why is lung cancer on the last page of the newspaper? There has to be more proactive tests and publicly for this disease. Most people diagnosed do not stand a chance to beat it. How can we get the attention that breast cancer does? .

I am a 52 year old female who experienced a collapsed lung out of the blue. One morning nobody was home at the time and I wasn't quite sure what had happened. I was healthy as far as I knew. I drove myself to the hospital to find out I had a collapsed lung. So I was sent to emergency surgery, went home 5 days later perfectly fine. 1 week later it happened again same procedure done but this time did a cat scan and found a nodule that ended up being cancer. A 9 hour surgery took place a few days later, called a lobectomy since then I have noticed my breathing has been different when I take in a breath I hear like an air leak this has been going on for almost 6 months. Today I went in for a pulmonary test to try to find out what this is. I pray it’s something simple like maybe an inhaler. I quit smoking almost 6 months ago and trying to keep the faith that I'm so Lucky because this whole ordeal has been a blessing in disguise. God bless to all of you, you are all in my prayers, please all keep in touch and maybe we can get through this together..