Menopause - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Menopause.
Please describe your experience with menopause.

I'm 52! I had hot flashes when I was 51. I have regular period since age 12 but when I was 51, it stopped and then resumed after 4 months. First 3 months, the bleeding was normal; just a 3 day cycle. But on the 4th month, I suddenly had a heavy period on the first day and it's almost 3 months now that I have bleeding but just kind of spotting and I have to wear sanitary pads always because I don't know if I'll suddenly have heavy period! I've been to my obstetrician-gynecologist and she gave me some medicines for my hot flashes and told me to just be calm and embrace my peri-menopausal stage! I hope this would end soon because it's driving me nuts!.

Published: March 13

I haven’t had a period in a year. I’m going through perimenopause. I started bleeding last Saturday, it’s about 7 days, still it’s not stopping, but not very heavy..