Rectal Cancer - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rectal Cancer.
What was the treatment for your rectal cancer?

(Optional)

I had diarrhea for several months, off and on, but mentioned it to my primary care physician. He ordered a colonoscopy, which revealed a rectal tumor. I went through one month of chemotherapy and radiation at the same time, then after a month off, had the tumor removed and a temporary ileostomy done. Six weeks later the ileostomy was reversed, and I've been cancer free for 3 years. It hasn't been an easy road, but thankfully it can be done..