Smoke Inhalation - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Smoke Inhalation.
What was the treatment for your smoke inhalation?

Published: June 25

I'm still unsure how my smoke inhalation was treated. I was told when I woke up in the Intensive care unit, I was one lucky man, the doctor said that I am meant to be here, and he is glad he studied medicine. I was put on oxygen, and injected with morphine whilst in hospital, then when I was discharged was given steroids and asthma puffers. Three years on and I am now on a CPAP machine and have also been told that I need an oxygen concentrator!.

I was watching a movie on my iPad when I burned the beans. I didn't notice the smoke! I turned off the stove, turned on fans, opened doors, and crawled out to the porch. I am 89 and I live alone. Always put the timer on when cooking, and be sure your smoke alarm has a fresh battery. Mine didn't, but it does now..