Head Injury - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Head Injury (Brain Injury).
Please describe the cause and outcome of your Head Injury.

I was doing an incline bench press at the gym yesterday morning (I was holding my breath during the lift.) On the last rep, as I was at the peak of exertion, I felt a sharp pain on the side of my head, and a throbbing headache ensued. I thought it might be temporary so I tried to do decline press. After doing a few reps my head pounded even harder and I even think I tasted\smelled blood. (But it may have been the metallic smell on my hands from the bar.) I stopped lifting and for the rest of the day had a pretty bad throbbing headache. Thought it would go away at night, and it did go down some, but sleeping in different positions made the pressure worse in some spots. Woke up this morning and have slight pressure on both sides of head and upper neck seems very stiff. Called my doctor and am waiting for reply on if I should go see her, go to urgent care or other. .

I fell backwards on the ice while trying to skate and I did not have a helmet on. I hit the back of my head very hard and felt I had broken my skull. The doctor checked for serious concussion signs and I was okay. She said I probably have a mild concussion. My symptoms were headache, dizziness, and the sense of tiny beads shaking in my brain. It has been one month now and I am slowly feeling better..