Cluster Headaches - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cluster Headache.
Do you have cluster headaches? Please describe your experience?

Cluster headaches have attacked me for 12 years now. I fight the monster every day. I have an Implant on board; Medtronic’s stimulator battery on my left side just below my belt line. The wire traverses across my back to the center and up to the base of my skull, then to the back and around both sides of my head stopping about the start of my ears. The date of my surgery was 2/14/14, and outpatient at the hospital I was at; that's how good my doctor and staff performed their jobs. The stimulator has helped, however it is not the end all that we all need, I'm still suffering and having to take medication. I don't take any painkillers at all. I do however use DHE-45. My faith, family, and friends have kept me strong. Try ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) to relax..

I began having cluster headaches 6 1/2 years ago. When they started they lasted 6 months, then stopped for 10 months, and then came back for 29 straight months during which time my life was awful. They then stopped for 4 months then came back for 4 months then stopped again. They have recently started back again and I now have no pain medicines of any kind (over the counter only). I don't know how I am going to get through this with no pain medicines! These headaches are so severe, as you well know. Well, there you have it..