Cluster Headaches - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cluster Headache.
What kind of relief did you receive for your cluster headaches? Was it effective?

Published: March 08

I have been dealing with cluster headaches for 23 years now. I get them on the right side, with excruciating pain in my right eye, tearing, nasal running, and the entire right side of my face droops. I experience them 2 to 8 times a day but mainly at night. I have tried a lot of different treatments and here's what works for me; 12 to 16 ml of 100 percent oxygen from an E-tank, verapamil, prednisone and injections of Kenalog, a steroid. The prednisone and Kenalog lessen the headaches and it only takes 10 minutes of oxygen for the headache to subside. Best wishes to all of my cluster head friends!.

I take prednisone 5 milligrams for my cluster headaches. This is the only medication which works for me. Fifteen minutes after I take this medication, I am pain free..