Lumpectomy - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lumpectomy.
Did you have a lumpectomy? Please describe your experience.

Published: June 23

I had a lumpectomy and had sentinel node dye. Three nodes were removed, and 2 of those positive. I returned to surgery 2 weeks later and had 4 nodes removed and further scraping lateral to where previous lumpectomy was done. One node was positive. Now I have infection around the auxiliary operation site and down into my breast. I have used 2 different antibiotics and still using one for 5 days now, and my breast is still red and sore. I had fluid drained and was told I did not have an infection; but I did. So now I play the waiting game. When this subsides I am having radiation and the hormonal treatment. My cancer is a stage one. I had two tumors in my breast..

Published: June 14

I had stage 2 breast cancer, it was 3 tumors in right breast. I had surgery and lumpectomy, it wasn't bad. I had them removed and 4 lymph nodes taken, and they came back benign. The doctor got all the cancer. I will be starting radiation in a week and then the pill. Keep a strong attitude and you will be fine. Good luck, hope this helps someone..