Meniere Disease - Symptoms and Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Meniere Disease.
Please describe your symptoms and effective treatment for meniere disease.

Published: June 28

After swimming underwater in an outdoor hotel pool is when I first noticed the problems. I believe bacteria gave me an inner ear problem. I could not hear out of my right ear and had a severe earache. Doctors don't know what the cause of my Meniere’s disease is. I feel the dizziness when I am under stress or due to sudden directional head movement. I have controlled my attacks by changing my diet. I don't have caffeine, chocolate, and salt. I have always suffered from allergies and asthma. I have permanent hearing loss and constant ringing in my right ear. I have not had a full blown attack for three years. I hope soon doctors learn more about the treatment and cause for Meniere’s disease..

I have just been diagnosed with Meniere’s. My ear problems started about a year ago. I'm dizzy a lot, always in pain from the ear pressure, and I hear ringing. It's stressful and I have to have quiet around me because loud noise actually hurts. I still work full time, but stopped going to church as much. I'm afraid I'll end up a hermit..