Meniere Disease - Symptoms and Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Meniere Disease.
Please describe your symptoms and effective treatment for meniere disease.

I have suffered from Meniere's for 10 years. The vertigo was sporadic, but the pressure in my ear and the tinnitus was constant. I was told to learn to live with it. A few weeks ago it got worse, and I could tell a major attack was coming on. In desperation I looked for an acupuncturist, and amazingly enough, this has worked for me. The attack was thwarted, the pressure in my ear is gone, the tinnitus is starting to subside, and I am clear headed for the first time in 10 years. Totally amazing. Of course, it is not as simple as that entirely. My acupuncture doctor (he is an MD as well) says I need to follow up with lifestyle changes towards stress management, and so I am signed up for a Tai Chi class as well. The combination is working very well for me, and is something like a miracle as far as I am concerned. I was miserable for 10 years, and the relief has been so sudden and profound...can't guarantee it will work for everyone, but it might be worth a try!.

I've had tinnitus for about 50 years. Vertigo started about 10 years ago and I am now on my third time. The vertigo lasts several weeks. The only thing that even helps is an herbal prescription (yes, an herbal that requires a prescription) called VERTIGOHEEL. You dissolve one pill under the tongue 3x daily. Few drug stores carry it, but it can be ordered or purchased online. It is important for me to tell you that this not a cure and might not help you, but for me, it reduces symptoms. The head rotation positioning also helps..