Psoriasis Medications - Oral

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Psoriasis Medications.
What oral medications have helped your psoriasis symptoms and signs?

Published: June 19

I have had psoriasis since I was a round 20. After the birth of my son, I was constantly treated with topical medications and started using methotrexate when it was approved for psoriasis. When they came out with psoralen I was treated with the PUVA. I was probably between 45 and 50 years old at the time I started with this treatment. I was relieved of psoriasis and used this treatment far too long. Now at age 8l, I am so wrinkled and have such old looking skin I am ashamed to wear short sleeves and my face looks like a 100 year old. At the time I used PUVA I don't know if they knew the side effects. I would give anything to go back and know then what I know now. I now have psoriatic arthritis and get Remicade treatments and have no sign of psoriasis, but I do have keratosis all over my body..