Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo.
Please describe your experience with vertigo.

My mom is suffering with vertigo. While in the bathroom she ended up on floor and had no idea how she got there and apparently she continued excreting without knowing, and feces were on floor. She felt nauseated and weak but did not have any other issues..

One week ago while driving I noticed the sun was changing shapes and where it was positioned in the sky. Within 5 minutes I had pulled off the road and became extremely ill. I was so dizzy I could not see anything as it was all spinning so fast. I began vomiting and sweating profusely. I left the car running and rolled down the window, it was 25 degrees out, and I could not quit sweating or vomiting. I hit the phone button on my car and called the last person who I had spoken with, who thankfully had been my husband, and he called 911. I spent 7 hours in the emergency room and had tests, but I had vertigo 13 years earlier so I knew what it was. My diagnosis was acute vertigo, shock, loss of consciousness, and dehydration from the sweating and vomiting. I am still home from work and gradually getting better. I am still unable to see small print but can see the things on the walls now. I am still staggering and get nauseated easily. I am taking meclizine and Ativan, previously the Ativan had not been prescribed but it helps a lot. I hope I never have another one of these attacks!.