Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo.
Please describe your experience with vertigo.

I have been suffering with these vertigo episodes for 5 days now. I have never felt anything like this before. In the beginning I thought it was just something quirky my head was doing. After the second day, I realized that there was something else going on. Today being the 5th day, I decided to get to the doctor. I have been diagnosed with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. I have been prescribed meclizine. I am unsure what has caused this. I am 33 years old and have never experienced anything like this in my life. Although I do have chronic inner ear infections. I also was in a car accident 10 months ago that has severally messed my neck up. This is unlike any feeling you will ever know. It is not dizziness and yet it is. I just hope they find a solution to this soon..

I was being treated for Lyme disease with an antibiotic called doxycycline for over a week and was feeling better. On the 8th day I took the pill a few minutes before going to bed for the night and when I lay down, the room was spinning so bad I thought I had a stroke. I then felt like throwing up and got out of bed and fell into a wall. I hugged the toilet for hours throwing up and then had dry heaves. I called my doctor the next day and went to see him. I feel dizzy but he gave me motion sickness pills and I have to go get a MRI. I wonder if the vertigo could be a side effect of the drug..