Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo.
Please describe your experience with vertigo.

I first noticed that I wasn't walking in a straight line and was heading off to the left. This went on for some time. Then I noticed that when I was driving I didn't feel 'grounded’. Eventually I couldn't drive because of the vertigo. Now I can’t walk unless I hang on to something. I have had my eye tested, I go to the physiotherapy and chiropractor. This has been going on for over 5 weeks. It is affecting my job and day to day life. Hearing test is next and then a CT scan. It has been good reading of other people’s experiences as it doesn't make you feel so alone..

I have been suffering with these vertigo episodes for 5 days now. I have never felt anything like this before. In the beginning I thought it was just something quirky my head was doing. After the second day, I realized that there was something else going on. Today being the 5th day, I decided to get to the doctor. I have been diagnosed with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. I have been prescribed meclizine. I am unsure what has caused this. I am 33 years old and have never experienced anything like this in my life. Although I do have chronic inner ear infections. I also was in a car accident 10 months ago that has severally messed my neck up. This is unlike any feeling you will ever know. It is not dizziness and yet it is. I just hope they find a solution to this soon..