Sinus Headache - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sinus Headache.
What were the symptoms of your sinus headache?

Published: April 07

My sinus headache occurs suddenly with pain above left eye, top of head and back of neck, and the right eye swells also. I have been diagnosed with acute sinusitis and given a prescription for nasal steroid spray and an antibiotic, which I have been on for four days, still get symptoms on an off during the day. I have had symptoms for eight days..

The headache which I attributed to my neck seems to be from pain in the back of my head. Research leads me to think it is from sphenoid sinusitis. It was about on the level of my ears and eyes. I massaged the area, then started nasal rinses daily. The head pain was reduced and left. I only took Aleve. The rinse seemed to open up the passages. I had no other symptoms except the back of head pain..