Circumcision - Overview

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Circumcision.
Did you have your child circumcised? Why or why not?

We had all of our boys circumcised at birth. I was not circumcised when I was born in 1945. I never had a problem with my foreskin, but I wanted to have my penis circumcised when I learned what circumcision was. I was 7 years old. My parents would not have me circumcised. I finally had it done when I was 23. I suffered lots of embarrassment growing up. I did not want to submit my boys to the same guilt that I had, wanting to be circumcised. In the end, being circumcised was the best decision I ever made for myself. Still wished that my parents would have had me done at birth or at least when I asked to be done at about 10 years old. I have not lost any feeling, if anything I have just as much feeling as I have ever had. Nothing was lost with my circumcision. I actually have more intense feelings after my foreskin was removed..

I would never do that. It is unnatural and painful for the child. Moreover, they lose a lot of sensitivity. .