Adult ADHD - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about ADHD in Adults.
What were your symptoms of adult ADHD and how was it diagnosed?

This was a very thorough and supportive article. I found several areas that I didn’t know were affected by adult ADD. I think it’s important to remember that all experience with ADD are not equal. While some may have minor issues with simple things like organization, some of us have much more devastating effects to overcome, many of which cause life-long feelings of failure in many arenas. When I was diagnosed, I was desperately trying to succeed at my job so that I would not be fired. Why so desperate? Because I have had the same difficulties succeeding at jobs my entire adult life (and in school as a child). I have two children who rely on me to be their ballast in a storm, not to have me be the storm. ADD affects other family members, too. Thank you for this informative information. Even those already diagnosed still have much to learn about this condition. .

I am 81 years old, and I have had ADHD since childhood. I have been on Ritalin for 12 years, beginning with 5 mg to 45 mg now. Each year, I discover new benefits from taking this medication. When I had high blood pressure, I would stop taking Ritalin (no problem) and would start again when I realized I was beginning to lose its benefits. There is no doubt it is a miracle drug. My bridge game improved and my golf game improved because I can practice for an hour without being bored..