Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis) - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis).
The symptoms of diverticulitis (diverticulosis) can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

In my experience with diverticulitis which have right now, I have very sharp pains in my groin and lower stomach, like a knife. I am on Advil, Tylenol and Buscopan for pain. I am on Flagyl and ciprofloxacin antibiotics. I have never felt this much severe pain ever before! I cannot pass gas or have a bowel movement which I would really would love to have right now. I am not allowed to eat for a couple of days, just clear liquids. I am trying to stay home right now though this but if I get worse I am going to be admitted in hospital. Last year I did not feel a thing but hugely bloated, just felt very full pressure. I went to the doctor and had blood test done and my white blood cells count was at 14.5. I was rushed to the hospital and spent 5 days in there on IV antibiotics..

Published: March 22

My symptoms of diverticulitis are abdominal pain, back pain and gas..