Arthritis - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Arthritis.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your arthritis?

I am not sure if have arthritis or not. I have noticed a lot of unusual, and sudden, joint pain and tightness. I hear clicking in my joints from my elbows, hands, knees. All are sporadic. My hands feel uncomfortable, tight and the joints get stuck in motion as I move them. My knee gets sharp pain when I move it into a crossed leg position. It seems like all of this has happened in a matter of a month or two. I also have stiffness all over and headaches. I am not really sure what is wrong and am hesitant to go to the doctor. I am 29 and thought I was a little young to be experiencing this sort of discomfort..

I was in an auto accident years ago. I didn't think anything was wrong with me other than the normal whiplash problems. About 2 hours after accident I began having pain in my thumbs. I went to the emergency room. They assumed it was caused from whiplash of my neck. I went to chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Doctors. I finally went to a Doctor that said I had arthritis and it was due to the accident and he could do surgery on my thumbs. I checked with the Arthritis Foundation and what the doctor said was true. I had surgery on the right thumb with a ceramic ball. It was good for a while. I went back to the doctor and now I have tendonitis in the joint. I can't believe the difference. I have no pain at all. During physical therapy a ganglion cyst came on a tendon on the back of my right hand at the wrist. I had it drained by my primary physician, but that didn't work so back to the surgeon. I would be interested in hearing of anyone who had or has a similar problem..