Laparoscopy - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Laparoscopy.
Did you have to have a laparoscopy? Please describe your experience.

(Optional)

Published: December 13

I had laparoscopy done On November 28th. It has been great. Pain, yes! Yet light walking (slow) for a few days and lying flat was necessary. Pain medicines block you up so use stool softeners for sure. Quit taking the medicines about four days after. It took 2 weeks in driving and almost normal. Light, light bleeding through the whole way through but normal. I won’t be on a trampoline any time soon but the light at the end of the tunnel is awesome!.

Published: April 15

I just had a laparoscopy 2 days ago and other than feeling full and bloated from the gas and a soreness around the incisions, I feel pretty good. The day of the surgery when I came home, I was very sleepy and slept for almost 2 days with getting up, except here and there to use the bathroom and eat. My throat was very sore and thirsty and my mouth was so dry. Urinating hurt for a day or so, from the catheter I think, because it was bleeding a little bit. But it's okay now. If you're worried about the surgery itself, don't! Because you're not going to remember anything at all!.