Bone Loss - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bone Loss.
Do you have a condition that caused or is causing bone loss? Please describe your experience?

I have been drastically losing bone in my lower jaw at an extremely high and fast rate! I need to know why. I do suffer from degenerative disc disease, degenerative joint disease and spinal stenosis. I've already have had 3 operations on my spine and have been told that I may need a 5th one! I have been taking prescribed pain medication for about 10 years now. Recently I had all my lower teeth removed due to soft and bad teeth that was hereditary. I had 4 implants put in my lower jaw 2 hold my denture in place about 2 years ago. Since then I lost 2 of my implants and I am losing my bottom jaw bone at a very fast rate! I can’t figure why this is happening to me..

Published: April 14

Check to find out your parathyroid gland (PTH) blood results. An increased PTH level could indicate that too much calcium is being taken from yours bones and being deposited into your blood. Check your blood calcium level..