Electric Shock - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Electric Shock.
Please share your experience with electric shock.
Share your story with others:
eMedicineHealth appreciates your comment. Your comment may be displayed on the site and will always be published anonymously.

Tell us a bit about your background to make your comments more useful to other eMedicineHealth users. (Optional)

Screen Name: *

Gender of Patient: Male Female

Age Range of Patient:

I am a: Patient Caregiver

Enter your comment (required)

* Screen Name will appear next to the published comment. Please do not include your full name or email address.

By submitting your comment, and other materials (collectively referred to as a "Submission") to eMedicineHealth, you grant eMedicineHealth permission to use, copy, transmit, publish, display, edit and modify your Submission in connection with its Web site. eMedicineHealth will not pay you for your Submission. You represent that you have all rights necessary for eMedicineHealth to use your Submission as set forth above.

Please keep these guidelines in mind when writing your comment:

  • Please make sure you address the question asked.
  • Due to the overwhelming number of comments received, not all comments will be published.
  • When selecting comments to publish, our staff will choose those that are educational and complement the topic. Please try to stay on topic.
  • Your comment may be edited. We would typically edit comments to make them clearer and more readable. We will remove personal information such as last names, email and web addresses, and other potentially harmful information.
  • We will not notify you if your comment has been published. We suggest that you check back on the topic article regularly.
  • We do not provide medical or healthcare advice, treatment, or diagnosis.

Thank you for participating!

I have read and agree to abide by the eMedicineHealth Terms and Conditions and the eMedicineHealth Privacy Policy (required).

To prevent our systems from spam, please complete the following prior to submitting your comment.

Please select the white triangle:

See what others are saying

Published: April 13

I was shocked by a light switch while living in a bad apartment. I told the landlord and he ignored it. The house burnt down a few days later due to electrical problems. Because the landlord didn't report me as a client of his, I received no help getting back on my feet. The Red Cross could not do anything. It took me about 5 years. Well, I finally got a place of my own now! I just moved in a month or two ago, and I just got shocked again. By a standard household light switch. The apartments are in the same area, I wonder if they hired a really bad electrician. I don't know what to do, I hope I don't keel over soon because after the shock I have had a headache, anxiety, ringing ears, and my heart is racing. I wish there was more information online on what to do!.

Published: April 07

I received a low-voltage shock on the job. The electrical event caused 3rd degree burns on 2 fingers 1 1/2 years ago. I have seen many doctors, tried Lyrica and Neurontin, but the drugs have not helped. I experience pain symptoms and heavy fatigue every day. I am looking for any dietary suggestions..