Impetigo - Length Symptoms Lasted

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Impetigo.
How long did the symptoms of your impetigo last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

This article about impetigo is very good. I'm a nurse and concerned about the mold problem in one of our low income housing buildings. It's so bad that it’s throughout the apartments. It grows on the furniture; black mold behind the stove; mildew/mold (white) on the carpets in the living room and infants’ bedrooms. The families do their best to keep it clean, however, the particles are still in the fibers of the carpets. An infant got impetigo on her face (I have never seen a rash like this before). The family stated the doctor said it could have been caused from the mold in the carpet...she (the infant) is learning to crawl and rubs her face on carpet. I'm going to the health department tomorrow with pictures I took of the mold to report the environment that housing will not correct..

My 13 year old daughter had a rash for over a month surrounding her nose/nostrils. I initially thought was a mild case of acne and tried every acne product known to man to cure it, before I finally decided it was time to take her to the doctor/dermatologist. When I told her father of my intentions, he revealed that his step-daughter had had impetigo just a few weeks before our daughters symptoms appeared. Upon hearing this, my son said he also had a rash, but on his neck. We immediately began treating with triple antibiotic, within a few days, the rash was gone and her skin was beginning to heal beautifully..