Helicobacter Pylori - Tests and Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori).
How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?

Severe stomach pains and nausea caused two trips to emergency room before a blood test diagnosis of H. Pylori. Took several days of antibiotic drug therapy with no relief causing more pain and nausea. I began researching h. pylori on the internet and also spoke with a local health food shop owner. She recommended I take an herbal supplement, Kroeger Herb, "Rascal," along with a natural digestive enzymes. I take Source Naturals', "Pancreatin 8X." There are similar ones available high in enzyme activity. Avoid low stomach acid. A change in diet is also necessary--no caffeine, chocolate, beef, pork, processed meats, salt, soft drink and dairy products. Recommended foods are fresh fruits (bananas, fresh pineapple, dried apricots top of list for eradicating h. pylori) and vegetables with broccoli, carrots, cabbage, red bell pepper, hot chili peppers, all beans, chicken, turkey and oily fish (no catfish). I have not had the stomach pain and nausea since beginning herbal drugs and a special diet over a month ago. Research tells me h. pylori although eliminated can return at any time. Right now I plan to keep on this path for at least another 2 - 3 weeks. .

I was diagnosed by blood work. For almost every morning for a year I would wake up so sick to my stomach. I just thought it was some of my medications as I have cryoglobulinemia and vasculitis along with a string of other illnesses not as severe. I have been on Prednisone for 5 years and will always be on it. It would take about 2 hours after getting up before I felt half way decent. I never get hungry and have lost 25 pounds. I am on the PrevPak and hope it works. As far as nausea OMG it was awful. I couldn't throw up because there was nothing in my stomach. I spent 2 days sitting in the bathroom floor gagging to no avail. I don't have very bad stomach pains because I have chronic pains elsewhere and take pain meds. I am female and 56 years old..