Skin Tag - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Skin Tags.
Please describe your experience with skin tags.

I have many, many skin tags, and they seem to be multiplying by the dozens lately. They are embarassing to say the least. Most of mine are under my arms, on my neck, and in the folds of skin around my waist. But recently, I have found them in the creases of my legs and inside of my thighs. These rub and become irritated. Some of the older ones have become very large. I am desparate to have them removed, but my doctor said they would always come back and that they are hereditary. .

I had a pretty big skin tag on the top of my shoulder right where my bra strap sat. It actually seemed like it was growing and it kept getting caught on my clothes and causing a little pain so I finally decided to figure out how to get rid of it. I'm the biggest baby ever so I was definitely not going to cut it off and even tying dental floss around seemed scary to me. Honestly all I did was put 5 or 6 band aids over top of it (as tightly as I could, to kind of suffocate it) and just went to bed. I woke up in the morning and was pretty disappointed to see that it didn't really look any different. I decided to just leave it and figure out something else later, but by the time I got home from work it was black and maybe an 8th the size! I was so happy! I decided to put a couple more band aids on to dry it out even further and right before bed I took the band aids off again and it was so shriveled up and dry that I just plucked it off! No pain at all and it only took one day. I'm not saying it will work for everyone but it’s definitely worth a shot, especially if you're a big wimp like me!.