Sarcoidosis - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sarcoidosis.
Please describe your experience with sarcoidosis.

I am a 51 yr old black woman and I have sarcoidosis. I was misdiagnosed initially for 3 yrs. (1981 - 1984) my case was severe. At 24 yrs old I had sarcoid in my bones (from head to toe), my skin, and nasal passages. I was treated with prednisone for 20 years. At 24 yrs old, my joints were brittle and had holes. Granulomas formed on my face and I have had 3 surgeries on my tear ducts (both eyes). I happy to say my bones have rejuvenated, (medically impossible), I have flawless skin, and I can breathe thru my nose. I have been off prednisone to for 3 yrs. I’m now a beauty consultant and I feel good!.

My major symptoms are night sweats, shortness of breath when I reach a certain weight and when I am sleep deprived. I was diagnosed in my twenties and I find the struggle or the symptoms more accented now that I'm fifty and the weight is more of a struggle along with the added heat to the night sweats..