Bacterial Vaginosis - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bacterial Vaginosis.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your bacterial vaginosis?

Published: April 06

I work in a medical office and I see many women suffering from bacterial vaginosis (BV). I have BV also. So I did research. First I started with daily probiotics, golden seal and Walmart brand vaginal probiotic, and I take them at night. In the beginning I used boric acid vaginal suppositories seven days straight, now once a week, and twice in the week after my period. I make my own suppositories, you can buy all the supplies from Amazon. I also use tea tree oil soap and if I take a bath I will pour 1 cup apple vinegar in the water. After sex I will sometimes insert plain yogurt or another boric suppository. I try and limit my sugar intake and have lots of water. It is a lot of work but I haven't had a flare up in a very long time, my sex life is great and no worries about odor. I hope this help someone..

I am 26 years old. I have had bacterial vaginosis (BV) for almost 2 years. When I first had symptoms, I thought it was a yeast infection. I never really get any discharge with the bacterial infection as you would in a yeast infection but my symptoms are burning and itching, bad! I started going to my obstetrician/gynecologist for this and he put me on treatment with Cervugid ovules (vaginal suppository). After two months of treatment with Cervugid ovules, I had medical tests again and BV went away. I was cured of the disease. I am very happy that I got rid of that awful itching and horrible smell. Now I can start my life again..