Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Please describe your experience with carpal tunnel syndrome.

My tarsal tunnel syndrome started about eight years ago. My feet started to feel as if they were burning. I thought it might just be my shoes, or socks, or just tired feet. But the burning didn't go away, it got worse over time. It was almost unbearable some days. Then I started getting the tingling and numbness. I finally went to the doctor, and he did some diabetes tests and then prescribed some medicine. It took a couple of tries, but we finally settled on Amitriptyline and Lyrica. They worked, somewhat. The side affects included drowsiness - I had zero energy almost all day long, and I would fall asleep soon after getting home from work, causing me to not be able to get to sleep later in the night when I usually went to bed. We adjusted the strengths and times for the medicine, which did help with the drowsiness, but then the strength of the medicine wasn't enough to give me any real relief from the pain. By now, I'm getting shooting pains all over my feet, too. I'm about going out of my head with the pains, the numbness, and the tingling. I think I may have found doctors who can help with surgery, but I found out they don't work with my insurance carrier. I'm that close, and now I can't pay for relief. Hopefully I can work something out with these doctors or with my insurance carrier. Maybe there's other doctor's in the Denver area that do the surgery, and can work with my insurance company. .

I started my new job six months ago as a script writer, so I spend a lot of time at my new desk. I started getting numbness in my left hand and fingers and then pins and needles. It's almost a constant thing now; it’s really painful to sleep, as most positions hurt. I have recently been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome. I had the nerve conduction tests (I nearly passed out) that diagnosed the problem. The doctor is suggesting surgery. I just want my hand back to normal..