Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Please describe your experience with carpal tunnel syndrome.

While recovering from torn distal bicep surgery, I noted the initial signs and symptoms four to five weeks post-surgery. The adjustable elbow brace I wore for a two months 24/7 I believe created the problem (carpal tunnel syndrome). This brace is designed to support and restrict, and adjusted over a period of time so the arm and elbow can return to normal function. During my recovery, the focus is on repaired torn distal bicep, the brace is designed to limit and restrict movement. It is here the 4 straps of this device are applying pressure to your upper and lower. The amount of tension applied to these straps create a force of pressure and over a period of time will cause problems like mine. Therefore, the use of the adjustable elbow brace should be reviewed..

I had been in constant pain at night in both hands for ever and eventually went to my doctor who in turn sent me to a specialist. He diagnosed carpal tunnel syndrome and advised that I should have the procedure. I had the left hand done 5 years ago because I am right handed and also disabled so thought I would not have that hand done first. Well, the left hand is fine but the right hand was getting worse and driving me crazy so I had the operation Tuesday under local anesthetic. The pain is still intense and the numbness is still apparent, so I don't think it worked but I will persevere with it as it is only 5 days ago. I am still in a dressing and bandage and due to go to my doctor Friday for a checkup, but the nagging dull pain I got at night has gone and I am sleeping better. I will just have to wait and see if it improves..