Aortic Aneurysm - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Aortic Aneurysm.
Please share your experience with aortic aneurysm.

(Optional)

I have been told I need aortic aneurysm surgery right away. Leading up to this, I had excruciating pain in my left flank. I went to my internist who told me to see my heart doctor, and he told me my heart was good. I then went to a lung doctor who told me I had COPD, and treated me but told me this pain is not associated. Then the pain was not going away even after treatment, so I saw a kidney doctor. After two lithotripsies I was still having the stones, so I saw a new kidney doctor who found the aneurysm. For heaven’s sakes I saw it on the screen after asking for a copy of the CT scan; I don’t understand why doctors don’t look at the entire CT scan. Now they tell me this pain might not go away because it may not be associated. I also made one emergency trip to the hospital thinking it was a heart attack. I'm thinking that pain is definitely associated with the aneurysm. But to have to go through this surgery and then still endure the pain, I'm feeling very unsure of what to do..

Published: June 11

I feel I had an aortic aneurysm as I had a brain bleed and a severe stroke at 36; I am now 41. All my life I had a pulse in my belly button but I thought it was normal, and I thought everyone had one. My first diagnosis was an arteriovenous malformation (AVM). Then three years later they said it was not an AVM. But after my brain hemorrhage and severe right sided stroke I feel from research that it was an aortic aneurysm as I have not had a pulse in my belly button since my disability. I know doctors and consultants know their jobs, I believe through research that it was an aortic aneurysm as I am severely disabled and I have no use of my right side at all..

Atrial Fibrillation Slideshow