Bed Bugs - Initial Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bedbugs.
What were your initial symptoms for bed bugs?

I thought my child was bitten by mosquitoes, as he said they were itchy, after a few weeks and the marks not going away and still more appearing I found out with research that we had bed bugs! I immediately went to the mattress, checked the corners and yes low and behold there they were! I went to my room checked the bed frame and found them having a party with tons of friends on the wood. I freaked out. After buying a few large containers with lids to place my items in, I threw out all my wood items and called the pest control people, I still only sleep on the mattress directly on the floor, but I am SLEEPING! I continued to call the pest control company for three months once a month for treatment weather I needed it or not, I wasn’t going to take any chances. I have tried other methods, but nothing really works totally like the professionals..

I been living at my apartment for more than 2years now and I never had a problem and I even bought a puppy for my daughter, but a couple months later me and my daughter started getting mosquito like bites and my husband didn’t get anything so we assumed it was mosquitos because it was one of them hot days, but every day after that we still kept getting bites all over our body so I started thinking the dog had fleas so I bought him some flea treatments and nothing it was still the same so one night I couldn't stop scratching my leg and I got up and I started searching the bed and for my surprise I found bed bugs I was so shocked and ever since every night is hell. My daughter’s skin looks bad because of the bites I’m even embarrass showing my legs and arms because they are all marked, so I’m planning to move and throw all my furniture out..