Cervical Dysplasia - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cervical Dysplasia.
Please describe your experience with Cervical Dysplasia.

I am a 50-year-old female. I contracted a mild-to-moderate case of cervical dysplasia when I was 23 years old. I had laser surgery. I got married and had three children. When I turned 36, it came back severe with CIN2. I had a LEEP procedure. When I turned 43, I developed severe bleeding and was diagnosed with HPV with the deadliest cancer-causing strain. A uterine ablation was performed but ultimately failed. My gynecologist prescribed additional testing and found tumors and fibroids. My radical hysterectomy came at the age of 46. I strongly recommend being an advocate for your health and wellness. I lost a friend at the age of 31 to cervical cancer because she could not find a doctor that would take a radical move to cure her. After, she passed, her oncologist also died. Seek treatment and second opinions; it just might save your life. I know first-hand, and I am grateful that I did. I am doing quite well..

I am 28 years old and was diagnosed with high risk HPV about 4 years ago. After 2 1/2 years of repeat paps, colposcopies/biopsy and my CIN 1 turning into CIN 3/Carcinoma in situ I underwent a cold knife cone biopsy 8 months ago with clear margins. For the first time in 4 years I had a completely normal pap 3 months after the cone biopsy. Just last week I had my second follow pap and it came back abnormal w/CIN 1 again. This can lead to very frustrating feelings. I am now going to undergo yet another colposcopy/biopsy to see what the next step will be. All of this due to a tiny little virus called HPV. I think it is very important to have all of our young girls vaccinated with the new vaccine for high risk types of the HPV!.