Hyperkalemia - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hyperkalemia (High Blood Potassium).
For hyperkalemia, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

I spent a whole year just not feeling good. I was so fatigued I could only stay awake at most three hours at a time. All I wanted to do was sleep. Also I had muscle ache and weakness, loss of appetite, and I filled up with an abnormal amount of fluid which caused an abnormal amount of weight in a very short time. My doctor asked why I wasn't losing weight if I had no appetite and I pulled up my pants legs and showed him how swollen my legs were. He then said I was filling up with fluid and had my blood tested which showed a dangerously high level of potassium. I have since been put on various medicines and to date my potassium level is above 6.0. I still am very tired and am having heart palpitations. The doctor (a cardiologist) has just changed my medicines again. Hopefully I will soon start feeling better because I am starting to get very depressed about the whole thing. .

My potassium level reached 7.5 (severe), and I had almost constant weakness in my legs. I could barely walk. I had a recurring nauseated feeling in my stomach. I had no energy accompanied by an overall exhausted feeling. I had no appetite. Hyperkalemia was detected through a blood test..