Blood Clots - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Blood Clots.
Please describe your experience with Blood Clots.

I fell on the stairs of my home. I didn't really hit or bruise my arm, just extended it to prevent my fall. The next day my arm was sore. I thought I pulled a muscle. The next day the soreness was worse. On the 3rd day I could hardly move my arm. On the 4th day I could not comb my hair, it was very painful and swelling. It had redness and was hot to the touch. Finally, I went to the doctor. I had a sonogram and it determined I had a clot. The doctor wanted me in the hospital, but my husband could not be left alone. I gave my self shots of Loveonox prescribed by doctor at home. I later had a clot in other arm and behind my left knee. The Lovenox worked and I am still taking a pill and a half a day of Coumadin. Blood work weekly to keep check on thickness of my blood. Hopefully can get answers why I had the clots. Have not been sick or to a doctor in 3 or 4 years..

My lower right calf muscle felt sore. After about two weeks I began having bad pain in my chest especially when I coughed. This kept getting worse and I thought I was having a heart attack so I went to my doctor. I was not able to get a good breath and thought I would smother and also had intense pain in the left shoulder. My left arm didn't have any strength. I had a DVT with a pulmonary embolism in each lung. I have been on warfarin since December 2nd. I am getting a blood test next month and I might not have to take it any longer..