Blood Clots - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Blood Clots.
Please describe your experience with Blood Clots.

I underwent surgery for removal of fibroids (myomectomy) and developed blood clots in both lungs. The surgery lasted for 4 hours so I guess this was largely responsible for the formation of the blood clots. I led a very active life prior the surgery and was very much involved in physical fitness. You can well imagine how surprised I was when one day after the surgery I was unable to walk from my bed to a chair in the room without being on the verge of blacking out. My second attempt at walking the next day was just as disastrous. I was put Lovenox injections, which I hated. My abdomen developed significant bruising. I was subsequently placed on Xarelto pills and I am still taking them. I am now 2 weeks into taking the Xarelto and have not experienced any side effects..

I am a blood clot survivor. I was diagnosed with the blood clot after leaving the intensive care unit during delivery of my first born through cesarean section in a hospital from a poor reversal operation. I was put on a heparin drip for three months, later on warfarin for two years. My biggest worry is, I have no idea if the clot from my left leg is cleared since it led me to weakness with my nerves, speed decrease, fatigue, and hormonal imbalance..