Cellulitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cellulitis.
The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?

I have a rash that started on my right inside knee. At first I thought it was poison ivy. After waiting a week and when the pain came I went to a doctor. I found I had a severe infection of cellulitis. They put me on antibiotics. It’s been 7 days and the rash still is as large or larger. The itch has gone and now dry flaky skin on rash. I don’t know if this is a sign of healing. I am really worried as the knee is still painful on the inside..

I went to a chiropodist on a Tuesday. She did a sort of pedicure on my feet, and at the end finished off with putting cream on my feet. The next day, my leg was very red and hot to the touch from the ankle up to my calf, all around my whole shin area. I also felt tired and lightheaded all day and night. I had a slight fever, but not confusion. I knew there was something wrong, it was obvious. I shouldn't have done this, but I waited another day before I got antibiotics for it. That day, my leg was very, very red and hot and all these red sores appeared. My ankle joints hurt and it felt like my shin bone hurt also. The tissues and muscles were extremely painful. The red sores were very painful to the touch also. The doctor who saw it, looked very concerned. He wrote me a prescription for antibiotics for 7 days (clindamycin 300 mg 4 times/day, as I am allergic to penicillin). He also told me to put Polysporin on my leg. He told me that if it wasn't better (or of course if it got any worse) in 24 hours, that I must go to the hospital emergency room for IV antibiotics. Wednesday to Saturday, my leg was very painful. From Thursday to Sunday, I was very sweaty. I didn't feel like I had a fever but I was majorly sweating. It was warm outside but not hot and I was sweating so much. But today (Sunday) on day 5, it is showing improvement. My leg is warm, rather than hot. The redness is still there. The red sores are still there but look better. It still hurts but not as bad as the other days. The problem now (on Sunday) is that my whole leg is now swollen. Even the area over my knee is swollen, but it's not red. I hope that the improvement in the lessening pain means that the infection is getting killed by the antibiotics, but the swelling is concerning me. I will be going back to my doctor this week. I have never ever had such an infection before..