Cellulitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cellulitis.
The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?

Published: June 22

Ten days ago I was feeling rather weak. As soon as I got home, I went straight to bed. Even though it was a warm day, I got colder and colder, and then started shivering. I can't say how long that went on when I woke at one point so hot and sweating that I couldn't get out of my clothes fast enough. My temperature seemed to register 104.2! I dozed off again not being able to take medication because I just couldn't remember to. The next day I felt cooler so I showered. Then the whole thing repeated. Meanwhile my friends were calling each other to go to me as it seems I was delirious on the phone! They came with the paramedics and my temperature was 105! In the emergency room, the doctor noticed a pink area on my leg. It got worse before 3 antibiotics kicked in. The cellulitis in the leg has improved and the color is back to pink from red, the heat has lessened and the swelling is somewhat better at this time. It still hurts to put lotion on. I keep it elevated, but do not use heat on it as my primary doctor advised me to!.

Published: March 23

On Saturday afternoon I developed a high fever of 101 and soon started vomiting, and I took to my bed. On Sunday another fever and vomiting, and Sunday evening was when I noticed the red inflamed rash on the back of my right calf just above the ankle. My husband insisted I see a doctor. I was diagnosed with cellulitis and given antibiotics. I was advised to return to the doctor in 2 days if no improvement. It is extremely painful especially first thing in the morning..