Cellulitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cellulitis.
The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?

I woke up one morning, and the bridge of my nose was very sore. The next day, my nose hurt even worse. I saw a patch of bright, red skin across my nose that was sore, hot to touch and swollen. My nasal passages were constricted. I went to the doctor two days after my first symptoms appeared and was diagnosed with a staph bacterial skin infection/nasal cellulitis. The doctor put me on seven days of 100 mg doxycycline hyclate twice daily. The next day, I felt worse with a fever, chills and generally feeling sick. I used ice packs and anti-inflammatories to help with the swelling. My nose also itched. Four days after I went to see the doctor, my condition was not improving and I went to the emergency room (ER). The ER doctor gave me 800 mg of prescription ibuprofen to take every eight hours. I was in so much pain, my nose felt broken. The doctor also wrote for five days of 100 mg doxycycline monohydrate twice daily, a stronger antibiotic than doxycycline hyclate. I was also told that I had an abscess inside my nose from the bacteria. The stronger antibiotic took care of the infection, and Ibuprofen really helped with the pain. In the end, it took two weeks for my nasal cellulitis to go away..

On Saturday afternoon my brother said to me 'You are getting a huge boil under your arm pit.' I had no idea until he said that and about an hour later it started to hurt a little. By Sunday morning I was in so much pain but my boyfriend thought I was just being a baby! Sunday night my arm was hurting so bad, I knew I was going to have trouble sleeping and so I did. I woke up at 2 am sweating and had the chills. My armpit was in so much pain I really couldn’t move it without wanting to cry. I was running a fever so I took an Advil to take the fever down (and it did) but I told my boyfriend I am going to the emergency room (ER). At the ER they did an ultrasound and blood tests and told me that it was cellulitis. They gave me Tylenol for the pain and antibiotics, which I was directed to take 3 times a day 3 at a time for ten days and to go back to the ER in 48 hours for them to check it out and see if it has gotten worse..