Rash - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rash.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?

I woke up with an itchy rash that came and went throughout the day and moved to different areas of my body. I found relief from the itching by rubbing tea tree soothing gel on the effected areas. It contains tea tree oil, aloe vera, witch hazel and other herbal extracts. It reduced the redness of the rash as well. It may not be a cure, but it did reduce the symptoms about 10 minutes later. .

I suddenly broke out in a terribly itchy rash that was diagnosed as an allergic reaction. My doctor gave me a strong antihistamine with little results. The rash would calm down and then start up again. It appeared as small red spots on my abdomen and chest, and then it spread to my arms. I got relief from bathing with Selsun Blue, but it didn't stop. I found the cause when my 17-year-old cat had to be put to sleep. The vet found he had feline scabies. They will get on humans but do not survive long off the cat, thus the cycles of itching. Be careful in talking to your doctor about this as they confuse the treatment for feline or canine scabies with the treatment for human scabies, which is a heavy duty poisonous cream. If your pet itches and you do too, it could be related..