Psoriatic Arthritis - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Psoriatic Arthritis.
Please describe your experience with psoriatic arthritis.

Psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis are new to me. For the past 3 years they have been treating me for rheumatoid arthritis. I have had the all-over joint pain continually for those 3 years and nothing was working! My last treatment for RA was remicade which made my skin break out all over my body. After biopsy and several exams, my hands and feet broke out terribly with psoriasis. Now they tell me I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I never had psoriasis before! I am currently taking methotrexate and humira and have used many topicals on my hands and feet. My skin seems to be clearing up almost fully, but my joint pain continues and has affected my neck and back also. I am so tired of being in pain everyday! I hate steroids! I can’t take nsaids anymore due to stomach pain. I usually try to deal with the pain. Do take hydrocodone on real bad days. Physical therapy has been very helpful on several occasions. Most recently bursitis in my hips and back and neck pain! I’m 40 and feel 80. Really sucks!.

I am a 17 year old female. I’ve had psoriasis since I was 4. About 8 months ago I started to have pain in my knee; I thought it was just from working and standing all the time, but as it got worse I started to think it was something else. So I went to my doctors and he said I could have PA. I was diagnosed last month. Luckily we caught it early. Right now I’m on plaquenil and it’s working pretty good..