Cholesterol Lower Medications - Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cholesterol Lowering Medications.
Please describe your experience with cholesterol lowering medications.

I started taking Simvastatin with Ezetrol a few months ago, having previously been on Lipitor. I am not sure whether my symptoms are due to side effects but I do recognize some similarities with other comments. For instance, whilst out walking my legs suddenly felt as though they didn't belong to me, and I feel as though I am made of cotton wool. I cannot concentrate and feel very apprehensive. My visit to the local walk-in centre suggested that I should visit my GP to have my back assessed. The GP was bewildered and I am waiting for him to determine what needs to be done. In the meanwhile I have made an appointment with a chiropractor to see if this could be the problem. I suffered the 'inner trembling' sensation some years ago when on another cholesterol lowering drug, the name of which I cannot remember. I have yet to ask the doctor if my symptoms could be drug related, but after reading some of these reviews, I think that I ought to..

Published: December 14

My experience with cholesterol-lowering medications was horrible. The pain in my wrists and hands gets so bad I can't hold onto anything..