Cholesterol Lower Medications - Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cholesterol Lowering Medications.
Please describe your experience with cholesterol lowering medications.

I think I have tried every kind of statin at some time, for lowering my cholesterol. They have all affected me adversely that I quit taking them after a short time. Four of my 5 siblings have been on statins and all 4 of them experienced transient global amnesia as a side effect. I have told my doctor that I will not take statins even though my numbers are high..

I've been on cholesterol medicines since January this year and I've had terrible muscle soreness and joint pain. I decided to cut the pill in half, 80 mg atorvastatin, and the muscle and joint pain is mostly gone; that was 3 days ago. I just found out about muscle soreness and pain with cholesterol medications today on another website and I realized I've been pain free for a couple of days, probably because I cut back on the medicines. I'm not suggesting you do that, I'm just telling all that I've noticed reduced pain..