Arch Pain - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Arch Pain.
Please describe your experience with arch pain.

(Optional)

Published: December 30

Last year I fell and broke my left ankle in 2 places and my leg just below my knee. Lately I have noticed a large knot on the top of my foot over my arch and the knot can be felt through to the arch of my foot. The arch is constantly painful whether sitting, standing or lying down. I am afraid that this situation will require surgery with time off my feet again and I have put off seeing a doctor for the situation..

I went to bed fine and woke up with sharp pain on the inside arch at the center of my foot. I can massage all around the bone but when I touch the bone there is a sharp pain. I have had this for 2 days now. It hurts when I walk..