Food Poisoning - Causes and Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Food Poisoning.
What caused your food poisoning? Please describe your food-borne illness.

My husband ate out at a $30 burger place. He always orders his burgers cooked medium. About an hour after he ate he started feeling strange. The diarrhea began along with vomiting and severe abdominal pains. He called an ambulance for fear of food poisoning and spent an evening in the hospital on an IV. He unfortunately had to get on a plane the next day. I await him from out of town, preparing with Gatorade, toast, rice and wheat bread as this wonderful website suggested. Thank you so much for all the help!.

I ate some Vietnamese soup (called Pho), worse yet I brought it home to my wife and toddlers-thank goodness the toddlers ate very little of it. I had a bowl, as did my wife. One toddler got ill a day after eating this junk, and we got ill 2 days after eating it. One Toddler had vomiting, diarrhea, and fever. All dissipated mostly within a day. The other toddler didn't have a fever, but vomited, and some mild diarrhea. He only ate a couple tablespoons of the stuff (smart kid). My wife and I got it almost simultaneously. We had projectile vomiting and diarrhea. My wife got a fever, (102) and went to the hospital, came back and second night got a fever again, went back to the hospital becauseshe had it bad. I didn't get a fever, but I am home bound for the second day, exhausted and recovering. People who sell crap like this should face criminal charges. Again I'm so grateful our toddlers didn't eat more. Where are all the health inspectors? Seriously places that sell this crap should be closed down before someone becomes seriously ill or worse. Interestingly the doctors told my wife that they see a lot of cases of food poisoning from oriental restaurants..