Rotator Cuff Injury - How Did You Injure Yourself?

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rotator Cuff Injury.
How did you injure your rotator cuff? Tell us about your injury.

I was cutting a branch off a tree. The limb was starting to give, I heard it starting to crack, I knew the branch was ready to snap, so I tied a rope around the limb and got off the ladder. I tugged at the branch just a little bit and the branch threw me back hard, and it was very heavy. I landed on my elbow, and I was in pain at the shoulder. I immediately went to take a hot shower to see if that would help reduce the pain. I got it x-rayed and sure enough, I do have an out of socket rotator cuff injury. I have limited movement of my shoulder, but I can move it if I try. I ignore the pain. I take two NSAIDs in the morning, no other pain killers. I won't chance any surgery. I can no longer do bench presses though!.

I injured my rotator cuff whilst working in the dive industry. We had many novice divers all needing their weight belts, (typically 6 to 8 kg) put on and taken off. We also needed to collect them regularly where they were dropped in the water, sometimes 3 to 4 belts at a time, many times per day for weeks..